The Incoming School of Health Professions (O&P and PA) ended 07/07/2021. The online waiver system can no longer accept new waiver requests.
Incoming Med, Grad, & Genetic Counseling Students and Post-Baccalaureate - 07/23/2021 - 08/13/2021
Incoming DNP Students - 01/03/2022 - 01/21/2022
All students will be enrolled in Baylor College of Medicine’s (BCM) Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), unless a waiver is submitted and approved by the enrollment period deadline. If students have alternative health insurance coverage, a waiver may be submitted.
To be eligible for a waiver, Baylor College of Medicine requires that students provide evidence of active coverage that meets all waiver criteria. Notification of acceptance or rejection of waiver requests will be sent to students’ BCM email address within seven business days.
To qualify for a waiver, your health insurance plan must meet all the requirements listed below.
- Plan provides in-network coverage in the greater Houston metropolitan area (unless you are a Distance Education Student, then your plan must provide in-network coverage in the area in which you reside).
- Plan does not provide emergency-only coverage
- Individual annual out-of-pocket maximum of $8,550 or less
- Plan meets minimum value standard of 60%, meaning that it has at least bronze medal status under the Affordable Care Act and is ACA compliant.
- Plan provides coverage for prescription drugs (prescription discount cards will not be accepted as coverage)
If your plan meets all the above criteria and you want to waive enrollment from the Student Health Insurance Plan, please acquire an electronic copy of the front and back of your insurance ID card and a copy your Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) or other policy benefit documentation. Select the link below to submit your waiver request. Once you login, select the “WAIVE” button under the “I Already Have Insurance.” section.